Monday, August 30, 2010

30 Aug—Houston

Hey family!

So well where to start do you want the big news now or at the end. We will see.... I guess now will be better so I can just get it off my chest. Well, as you all know I got transferred. It was sad to leave my last area, there was a lot of good people who where going to enter into the waters of baptism soon. I enjoyed my time with my past companion and I enjoyed working with the district and learning a lot of new things. However, the Lord has a lot of new plans for me. I am now in an area that is called Houston 8 South, and I am with one of my old companions Elder Greenwood. I served with him in Houston 1 and we had a blast and a lot of success. Right now, he is training me on how to be a zone leader.

Last Thursday, I got a call from the mission office that President Saylin wanted to have an interview with me. So, I went in and he gave me a tough soul searching interview, and we talk for a little while. Then he told me that the Lord has called me to serve as a zone leader, and he told me not to tell anyone until Wednesday. So, that's why I didn't say anything on Monday. But yea, I am a zone leader now for the Houston West Zone. It is a big responsibility and I need to always rely on the Lord, because once I start trusting all in me and my abilities, I will fall and the zone will crash. So please keep me in your prayers so I can do this calling well and help the Lord's work go forth in the Houston West Zone. The Field is ripe and all ready to harvest.

This week I went to exchanges with the APs to get my training for zone leader stuff, and I was with Elder Roberts, who is the twin brother of my trainer, Elder Roberts. It was awesome to be with him. It felt like the good old days with my trainer, and we got to talk a lot about memories, and also how to be a good zone leader. So, that was a lot of fun.

My area is a Spanish area still, and I still need to keep on studying hard. We have a family that is getting ready for baptism on the 12th of September. So, hopefully everything will go well for them. The members here are very nice people, and the ones that I have met so far are really cool. On Sunday, we had stake conference, and Elder Greenwood and I saw people from Houston 1 there, and they were shocked to hear that we are companions again. The Bishop in Houston 1 said Elder Johnson, what did you do for that the happen (in a joking tone of voice)... it was great.

The zone is doing well right now, we have a lot of awesome missionaries in the zone and they work very hard. It is going to be a good experience and I will be growing a lot. I guess what is interesting about this whole thing is that three other missionaries from my MTC group are zone leaders. So, I might have a chance to serve with one of them some time. That would be super cool. I remember I thought the first year of my mission was tough. Well, things got a little tougher.

It sounds like the family is doing good. Kim is in college now!? Dang things sure change! I am going to have 2 new nieces and a nephew... Cheryl I am guessing that you will have a boy ;) new home and new friends when I get back. And there is going to be a bunch of more new changes in the next coming year.

Well I love you all!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: