Monday, August 16, 2010

16 Aug—Manvel, Texas

HEY!

Well, things here are still going. I have noticed some of the great missionary tan lines I have been getting. Newest being the watch tan. I don't know if we can go to the beach when I get back... I am going to look all goofy. Oh well.

Anyway, this week we have been trying to find more people to teach again, which means a lot of knocking on doors. I don't mind knocking though, you get to meet a lot of cool people; as well as hear some funny excuses as to why they don't want to listen to us. My favorite of the week is, "It's too hot outside to listen." We were able to make contact with Mauricio who was an investigator who was almost baptised. So we will see how he goes.

The weird thing about over here is it will say it's 95 degrees at like 2:00; then later in the day at like 5:00, it will be 100 or more degrees. I think I have lost some weight from sweating so much!

Lately, I have been studying about the sacrament and also about the High Priestly prayer that Jesus said right after the last supper. It is awesome and it says a lot of interesting things there. Like, being one with the will of the Father and being one with the will of Jesus Christ. Being out of the world but not being in the world. If we could do that we would be given great spiritual power.

I am sorry this is short, but I don't have a ton of time. I love you and congrats on the baby, Kelly! Wooooo!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: