Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2 Aug—Manvel, TX

Hello everyone!

This week was a pretty good week. Maria was confirmed a member of the church and received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was really great.

So kind of weird/funny story. Every fast and testimony meeting here is pretty interesting. Well, that's an understatement. It is very, very interesting. This month some old guy told us how he taught his grand daughter how to use the toilet paper, and not to use a whole role every time they go to the bathroom. Why would you talk about that? I mean, not to bag on his testimony or anything, but come on. Every testimony, I just say a prayer that it will go by smoothly, and that our investigators will enjoy it. Once again, I am a fan when the little kids go up to share their testimonies with people. It is always super good.

What else what else... This week it rained a bunch. I got soaked and so did Elder Henrie. It was pretty funny. We were walking in parking lots giving people cards for a Finding Faith in Christ DVD and a lady rolled down her car window, gave us an umbrella and drove away. So, then we were standing there with an umbrella that we couldn't really use because we had our bikes. It was very nice of here though. :)

We went on exchanges with the zone leaders, and they went over some things that I need to know when I am a district leader, and about how I can help the district better. That was fun, I was with Elder Adams and he is a cool guy. He actually has more time as a missionary than he does a member of the church. Pretty cool! He was atheist before, and then he met some missionaries and his whole life changed.

So, my new companion Elder Henrie likes to do two things a lot. One is ride his bike, and the other is run. I haven't ran for over a year, but on Saturday, I told Elder Henrie to set the clock a little early one of these days and we would go running. Today, I got woken up at 5:30am by Elder Henrie poking me and he said, wake up man we're going running! I asked what time is it and he told me a little bit before 6. I looked at the clock and it said 5:30am; I told him what?! I am totally going back to bed. So, then he set the alarm at 6:00 and we went running. And we ran, and we ran, and we ran. For 3 miles we ran, and when I got back I just sat down. And sat... and I felt like my legs were going to fall off. I got owned. I guess it's alright because I haven't really ran a lot the past year.

Other than that it sounds like everything is going well! Thanks for the package mom! Kelly that is exciting that you are having your baby soon. Things here are looking good. We should have another 3 baptisms on the 15th so we will see what happens!

Keep on keeping on family and I see ya next week.
-Elder Johnson

No comments: