Wednesday, August 25, 2010

23 Aug—Manvel, TX

Hello family.
This week... let's just put it this way. I am tired and all I want to do today is take a nap.

The end

But seriously, I am really tired. I get more sleep than I ever did in college, and I am way more tired. Way, way, more tired. Anyway, the new news. Let's see, I am going to be transferred, which means a new area and new people to see. Hopefully, I won't go to an English speaking area, my Spanish is finally getting good. I feel bad for my companion, because we have used a lot of miles, so he is going to have to ride the bike a lot. I was planning on doing that with him so that we could both suffer the wrath of the hot sun and the bike together.

Our investigators are doing good. Last Sunday, we knocked on a door of a guy named Rusty, and he told us that he had a lot of Mormon friends growing up, and he told us to come back next week. So, yesterday we came back and had an awesome lesson with him. We started talking, and he talked about all of his friends that were Mormon, and he told us how he had gone to young mens' activities and even to church a few times. Then he told us out of nowhere that he wanted a Book of Mormon. So, we gave him one, and he said alright, let's get started, what do you have to share with me. So, we started talking about the restoration, he asked some good questions, and we gave some good answers. I really felt that we taught to his needs this time, and not so much the usual lesson, if you catch my drift.

So, we got the the first vision and taught him more about where the Book of Mormon came from, and he told us he was already baptized. The thought that went in my head was, ok it seems like he didn't understand the authority part of the lesson, but then he said yea I am just a really inactive member. He was 29 and hadn't been to church for about 6 years. We got talking some more, and it was just pretty interesting stuff. It kind of hit me hard though, because I thought about myself and growing up, and who knows if I didnt go to BYU or go on a mission, I could have been the 29 year old who was an inactive looking for the truth again. The good thing is that he is excited to have us come over and teach him the lessons. He grew up in Panama, or something like that, so he knows Spanish and English; he is way cool. Well, the other missionaries will have an awesome experience working with him, because I won't be here anymore. I will be in some other place, it will be really really interesting; a new place and a new companion. Once again, I get to work hard and change even more, woohoo!

-Elder Johnson

p.s Just keep me in you prayers, because I will need them.

No comments: