Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 18th

So, I guess today is the end of my 4th week. I just finished half of the time I'll will be here at the MTC. This week was just like any other week. I did a lot of sitting, studying, and reading awesome letters and eating stuff from packages.

Oh, I remember something that happened. On thursday, I left my toothbrush and retainer in the bathroom and then the building monitor guy picked it up while I was in class. So, that night, I went to get my toothbrush and retainer and it wasnt there! Man, I was freaking out because Mom would kill me if I lost it! So, I asked the zone leader were the lost and found is and he was like its in Howard Howard's office, and he is a really mean guy! He probably snapped your retainer in half. So, I was freaking out because some mean guy named Howard Howard had my retainer. So, I tried to find him for 3 days and I couldn't find him and I was like oh man. So, on Sunday, I put in a maintanence request and I wrote, "Dear Mr. Howard, I think you have my retainer can you please have a time that I can check to see if you have it? My room is 117." So, then Monday morning at 6:32, Howard Howard comes into my room and goes, "ALRIGHT, who lost the retainer." I sat up in my bed because I was still waking up and I was like "Oh me," and he is like, "Is it blue?" I was like, "Yeah". He's like, "Alright, follow me." So, he had it and I was happy and I bet you're happy right now Mom because I know I'll probably get hate mail after you read this, telling me that I need to be more responsible and everything. Sorry! haha

Well, the rest of the MTC is going to be way interesting because everything is going to be in Spanish. Yes, I said it total Espaniol. Pretty crazy! We have to learn in Spanish, and teach our lessons every week in Spanish. We will see how I do. We have taught a couple of short lessons in Spanish already, so I am not that scared about it.

Elder Breeza and I are still good friends but we did have our first "real fight" this week, and it wasn't even that bad. We are just both very stubborn in our opinions and it takes a long time to talk about things and half of the time we get nowhere. But he is still my bro and we still own all the lessons we teach. For instance we went to a T.E (teaching evalutation) and tought a teacher one of the lessons. And we taught him about the word of wisdom, and after we were done he only had 1 thing to say, it was bring in the investigator's testimony of Joseph Smith more. But he said we did a really good job and that would be the only thing that he would change.

It doesn't feel like I have already been here for a month. The days go by slowly but the weeks go by really quickly. I don't know how but they do. My roommates brother has a tie shop, so I am going to by some cool ties from his bro for 7 bucks, but they are way cool. I bought a Texas shirt that was at the bookstore and I'm wearing it right now.

Oh, I still play basketball every day in gym. There is a new kid named Elder Walker and he is good. We have fun guarding each other and talking smack to each other. If he wasn't here it would be to easy so I'm glad I have someone that I can be competitive with. Apparently Elder Breeze said that someone asked him if he knew who Elder Johnson was, and he was like, "Yeaa he is my companion" and they were like, "No way, he's a baller!" haha it was pretty funny.

I want to thank everyone for the letters that they have sent me. I am going to respond to them as soon as I can. I have a ton to do today. I can only write letters on Tuesdays, so be patient with me. I do my best to write them! Well, I love all you people reading this! I hope everything is going well in your lives. If you get bored go ahead and write me a letter. It can be about anything. They really help make my day interesting because the days are pretty much the same and letters make it funny, and interesting. well I miss you all!

Elder Johnson

p.s. LC bros im jealous you kicked it down at Oceanside! I hope you had fun!

Mom- I have my retainer no reason to freak out. :) Thanks for the letters this week. I love you!

Dad- the used bike is fine. If it's already gone that's ok too. Thanks for the letters, they are very interesting and give me something to do. Apparently a guy in Utah said that article was in his newspaper. So it was pretty weird. Thanks for everything you do for me, I love you.

Kimmy- LIL SIS! Your letters are so cool. I really love reading them and they give me motivation to work hard when I read them! I love you!

Jen- is the baby out of your tummy yet? I hope you are doing well! Thanks for everything! I love you!

Kelly- How is finland? I hope you are liking it there! Thanks for the package! I love you!

Cherly! How are you! I wrote a letter last week but haven't mailed it so I'll mail it this week. I love you!

No comments: