Wednesday, August 12, 2009

August 11, 2009

Another week of the mission has gone by and I can say that I am really enjoying it! I am learning more and more Spanish every day, and I am really learning about the Gospel.

Well, here is a funny story that happened to me that I am pretty sure will make you all laugh. So I was walking down the hall and I started singing in a high pitched voice "I can fly like an eagle!" and then I see the MTC president and he totally heard me singing and it was really embarrassing. So, I went up to him because I wanted to shake his hand. So, I go up to him and I say " how is it going" and he kind of looked at me funny and said good, how are you and then kept walking, and then I realized that I forgot to call him president. I hope that he doesn't think I am a missionary who isn't taking this very seriously haha. O well, it happens to the best of us right?

Well the days seem to fly by, and the weeks are going by fast. It is really weird having every minute planned for the day. I am really starting to like the sleeping schedule here. It is nice having to wake up at 6:30 because then I have the whole day ahead of me. I think I am lucky because only one of my roommates snores, and the same guy that snores talks in his sleep sometimes. Oh and guess what! we got some new elders on our floor. We got some new guys next to us. And one of them is from La Canada! It's JOSH NEWTON! It's cool because we get to play basketball together, and hang out. OH and so far I have gained 8 pounds since I have been here at the MTC wooohooo! hahahah

Ok time for serious business. Something that I have learned this week is how to pray more effectively. We are so lucky that we have the opportunity to pray. We have a heavenly father who loves us and we are his children. When we pray we should act like we are talking to our Father. We should picture him while we pray to him. God loves as and will give us answers to our prayers. But we need to first ponder about what we are going to pray about, the we pray asking sincerely for and answer or help, then we ponder and listen for an answer by the spirit. He will tells us answers in different ways. if the thing we are praying about is right we will feel peace and joy in our hearts. If it's wrong we will have a stupor of thought (we won't have a good feeling, it might even be a confused feeling) if we don't feel anything than that is God saying that you are on the right path, just keep doing what you are doing.

Friends from back home!- Hey how are you all doing? I want to hear from you guys soon! I miss you all a lot, and nothing makes me happier than when I get letters. They are good motivation boosters and a good break from the busy day. I don't have your addresses so write me a letter to the MTC and I will write you back on my P-day (Tuesdays)

Jen- did you pop out your baby yet? and thanks for the package

Kelly- I'll email you cuz I don't know how much a letter to Finland costs. If you tell me I'll hand write one to you.

Kim-thanks for the letters

Mom-thanks for the package and the watches. I am going to send the watches in so they can take a link off. P.s I didn't need any shots thanks

Dad- thank you for the letters and the stories that come with them; they are interesting to read.

Cheryl- How was lake Powell, p.s tell Tyler he is a butt for not writing me a letter, cuz all the other bro in laws have hahaha :)

Greg- thanks for the letters.

Jeremy- good luck with the babies and everything else, thanks for the letters

Tyler- whats up bum? I have been drinking chocolate milk every day

No comments: