Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2 May—Brazos

Hey Family and Friends!

Things here in Rosenburg, Texas have been going great! We had transfer calls this morning, and it looks like I am staying in Brazos. That means that I will probably end up spending the rest of my mission here. I have really liked the challenge. The mission is to get some baptisms here in Rosenburg, and hopefully this will be the month it happens. We are really excited because the Sister Missionaries should be baptizing two or three people this month. I really hope that our buddy Richard will decide to be baptized as well!

My companion Elder Bunch is getting transfered so we will see who I get next. He has been a good companion, and has helped me get back into the groove of planning well. He is a great missionary and isn't afraid to talk to anyone. It was great to be with him. I think we cancelled out each others' weaknesses with our strengths. So, that was a cool experience.

I think it is really funny how at the end of your mission all of your stuff falls apart. I have had to get new shoes, because both of my shoes have holes in the bottom of them. I need a new backpack, because there are two big holes in the bottom of it, and the strap is halfway torn off. And my bike, there are only three gears that work (Gears 12, 21 and 24). It is fine though, because that is all I need to get around. I guess that's what happens when you get a used bike at the beginning of your mission.
I was writing in my journal the other night, and I realized how cool it is to be a missionary! It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to serve the Lord! This is probably going to be one of the few times in my life when I will be able to do this everyday. And I love it. I love getting shut down; I love getting let in by someone; I love teaching the gospel, and I love seeing people get baptized. This is awesome! I decided to study the mighty change of heart again, so I can be on the spiritual boom at the end of the mission and not go down the drain.

Thanks for the great letters, and I hope that everyone of you is enjoying life!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: