Tuesday, May 17, 2011

16 May—Brazos

Hi family and friends-

This week was a good week for Elder Garrido and I. We had a chance to find some new people. We have a companionship goal to find a new investigator who has desires to really change, someone with real intent, every week. That way by the end of the transfer, we will have a lot of people to work with who are really progressing.

I really don't know what to say about what's going on. Elder Garrido and I hope to have a big week at church this next Sunday. We have five potential people who are just super awesome who we have been working with, and we really hope to see them get baptized one day.

The Sister missionaries in the branch had two baptisms last week. The first one that the branch has had in a few months, and the branch was really happy and excited about it. I was asked to sing a solo at the baptism. I did, and it was the first one I have ever done. It turns out that I actually really liked it. I am thinking about telling President Puig (Branch President) that if he ever wants me to sing during sacrament that I would be happy to do it.

I have really been enjoying the change of heart study again, to help me weed out any laziness and to help me refocus on everything. That study is so cool. Mosiah 5 is so awesome! I really love studying the scriptures and starting my day with reading. So, if you are not studying them you better blow the dust off your scriptures and dive in deep.

Oh, my I almost forgot about the biggest news in history. My trainer, Elder Roberts, he has been home for over a year, and it turns out he is getting married on August 5, and he wrote me a letter and wants to to be a groomsmen!! So, that is only nine days after I get home and I told him that I am going to go!! So, I don't know if that changes any of my family's plans, but I love Elder Roberts, so I have got to go to his wedding. I have to be there to support him. I am going to have him call you (Mom and Dad) this week so that he can give you some details. He lives in Northern California.

I love you all!
Elder Johnson

No comments: