Thursday, January 6, 2011

6 January 2011—Houston

Family and friends,

This week was really exciting, and crazy. Well, I guess I will start with this: Elder Richards went to League City, English speaking; and my new companion is Elder Scavo. He was my friend from my MTC district. AWESOME! 2nd companion from the MTC group in a row, and it is way tight. He is from Cali, Palmdale and we get along great. At transfer meeting, it is was dumping rain, and I was so glad that I wasn't getting transferred, because none of my stuff got wet. But it was definitely an adventure.

The next day we had a couple of lessons, and we taught one of our investigator named Felix. We got him to smash his bong. It was so legit. The best part about it all was that it was all him; he dumped the water out, it stunk, and was nasty looking. And we were like see what's in your body? And the he set it on the ground, and put on his shoes and BOOM bye bye bong! I just got a flash back of when I was in 6th grade and had a billabong shirt that was green, and it said bong across the front, and I finally understand why one of Cheryl's or Kelly's friends started laughing at me and took a picture with me in my shirt.

Then on Friday, we had district meeting, and later a lesson, and on the way to our lesson we walked by an apartment and there was a lot of people around it, and that's when we saw what they were all looking at. The apartment had two huge holes in the front windows and then we hear a woman start to scream. NO NO. We ask the man next to us. Que Paso (What's happening)? and he said No se (I don't know). And so no one knew what was going on. Elder Scavo and I were getting ready to take action. I have always wanted to use some of my ninja moves like the flying missionary and my mega punch, but suddenly a speaker flies through the other window and the man comes out. Everyone ran away, except for Elder Scavo and I, and he looks at us, blood running down his forehead between the eyes and then turns around and pics up the speaker he previously had thrown and throws it through the remaining window. and walks away. Then you here the woman scream, and she comes running out, don't leave me, don't do it. What??! I told myself you want that guy to stay. Well, all I have to say is that's the life in H-Town. Pretty legit.

Sat we ate some tamales, and I am pretty sure they were bad tamales, because at 10:30 at night, I had the sudden urge to poop my pants, and I finally had the chance to feel how dad felt on his mission, the Montezuma's revenge. But to top it off, at 11:30pm, I started throwing up. I felt horrible, I told Elder Scavo, if this is how it feels to die, I don't want to. And I was finally able to sleep at 2:30am. Then I stayed home from church the next day, because I was very sick and still had to use the bathroom all the time. Then after church, Elder Scavo comes home and starts to have to same problem of the runs. Then at 11:30 that night, he threw up just like me. It always comes at night. And so we were sick dogs last weekend. It wasn't fun. I have a picture, I will have to show you. I look like death, and Elder Scavo was white as a ghost. It was a great growing time.

I also had the chance to go on exchanges with a new missionary named Elder Taki'aho, a 6'4 350 pound Tongan stud. He is so tight and was going to play football in college, but decided to go on a mission instead. He is way cool, and we had a good time. I am tired of typing, so I'll end the letter here.

Well, I hope that you all have a great week.
-Elder Johnson

No comments: