Thursday, December 30, 2010

28 Dec—Houston

Family and friends,

Ok, who is ready for the news? I am going to be transfered to nowhere. I am staying in Barrio 8 for another transfer. There is sad news that comes with this good news. Elder Richards is going to be leaving me :( sad day. He taught me a lot of good things, especially with how to be a good leader, and his be a winner attitude rubbed off on me. So, the Houston West zone is full of winners. I will be getting a new companion, and I don't know who it is yet, but hopefully he will be a good companion.

This last weekend we had two baptisms and two confirmations, and this weekend we should be seeing some more of our friends get baptized. This area is really good, and I am really glad for all the things I am learning here. It is going to be another great transfer, and I am really excited to see what happens in the future.

Sad news, I forgot to bring my camera cord this week; it is because we are in Sugar Land, because we just dropped off a missionary who is going home! That is crazy!

Christmas was really good. It was nice to talk with the family and to hear them and some stories. It sounds like every one is doing great. Thank you everybody for the letters and the packages. It really felt a lot like Christmas, and I had a blast with Elder Richards playing with all the goofy toys. For Christmas, we had a zone activity and we made the zone eggs, hash browns, and pancakes. Yummy! Then we played a white elephant game. We split into three groups, sat in a circle, and put all the presents in the middle. Then you rolled a dice, and if you rolled a 6; you get to take a gift from the middle, or you can steal someone else's gift. It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed it.

Well, I guess that is all until next week!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: