Tuesday, November 30, 2010

29 Nov—Houston

Well this week was a great week here in Houston.

I guess we will cut the fluff and get to the good stuff. Thanksgiving. We started off eating a Thanksgiving lunch at our bishops home. He loves Elder Richards and me and we all get a long really well. The lunch was your typical Thanksgiving lunch with turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing, and cranberry stuff. It was really good and we ate a lot! So that was at 1:00pm.

Then after that, we went to a lunch at a less actives home at 4:00pm and watched a movie with them (To this End was I Born) and ate some empanadas and turkey and mashed potatoes again. It was really good as well. This is when we started to get full.

Then we went over to the Vanegas family's home and they cooked a huge turkey and some mashed potatoes and green beans and that was really yummy as well. They invited the Lopez family over and it was a really fun time. I started to look at the big turkey leg and they started chanting pierna pierna peirna! and so I took it and sister vanegas freaked out and pulled out her camera and started to take pictures of me with this huge turkey leg. Then she was like bite bite bite and so I bit it and she took more pictures. It was great. They were really funny. They had us cut the turkey also and I tried so hard to get this nice piece and every one was watching and I cut a tiny sliver and it was just embarassing. haha.

Then after that, we went over to an investigators place and I was super full. We walk in and the table was set and everyone was eating and there was two chairs just waiting for us and she goes Oh Elders thank you for coming. Would you like to eat some pasole (the soup with like corn and stuff). I was so full and so was my companion, but I said man I am pretty full and then Elder Richards says, yeah sure un pocito. But un pocito (a little) is really a lot in the Spanish language. So, we got to go and eat a big bowl of pasole. I could barley get it down. Our member that was with us over there says, Elder, when you finish the bowl of soup I'll give you a prize. And I say ok what is it. He says, another bowl of soup! It was funny.

So that was my Thanksgiving. It was a lot of fun. Well, that was my week! Well thanksgiving.

Also a funny thing about the people down here. They started putting up Christmas lights on Thanksgiving! Hahah I can't remember if a lot of people do that, but I thought it was weird.

I guess the other new news is that the night of Thanksgiving a cold front came in. So it is now officially cold again here in Houston.

Well, that is about it I hope you enjoy the rest of a good week and Happy Thanksgiving!

Elder Johnson

No comments: