Tuesday, November 30, 2010

22 Nov—Houston

Ok, who is ready for the best story ever.

So, I was at the gas station and my companion was filling up the gas, and I was just standing by the car and this Mexican guy comes up to me and says, "Hey are you from the Mormon club?" I said I am a missionary for the Mormon church, and he was like oh great! Can you help a brother out and give me some gas money. And I said I can't help you with money. And he points at my tag and says man what does that tag say! And then he took my tag off my chest. Shoved it in my face, and said, what the bleep does that tag say mother bleeper. And I said man give me my tag back. He goes give me gas money. And I say man give me the tag this is stupid. And he walks over to his car puts the tag down and says come and get it Bleeper. (meanwhile, all the people at the gas station are looking at this guy thinking he is super dumb.) So then my companion calls the mission president to tell him what is going on and everyone thinks that we are calling the cops. Then the crazy man says man you bleeper you worship, get this, John Adams. And I just started laughing at him and said man who in the world is john Adams! hahahaha Then he goes John Smith and I said Joseph smith, and he was like yea you worship Joseph Smith. And then he starts saying how he wants to fight me and I just turn my back. (so my companion is on the phone and he is like president some guy just took Elder Johnson's name tag off his chest and now he wants to fight Elder Johnson. And president just says hmm can you get it back? and he says nope not unless we fight him. And so he tells us to go into the gas station and to have the people in the gas station call the cops.

So meanwhile the crazy guy has walked into the street and this guy named Jay comes up to me and says man why didn't you punch that guy? I said I am a missionary man, and he said well you should have punched first and repent later. Haha so then we ask Jay if he knows him and he said he had seen him around a few times, and we asked him if he could get the tag back and he said man I would have to fight him. Mean while Jay calls over one of his "brothers" who had a bike and tells him what happens and the guy on the bike got really mad and him and Jay ran across the street and found the guy. They were too far away from us so we couldn't see what happened, but about 5 minutes later Jay came running back with my name tag! Man it was soo legit! I love this place. The people here have our back.

As far as investigators go everything is going smoothly! We had 7 at church!

As far as the zone goes we try to get 11 baptized and 11 confirmed a month. As a mission we try to get 50 baptisms a month. December is going to be a big month for our zone. President Saylin challenged our mission to have a weekend in white and on the 18th to have every companionship in the mission baptize. We will see how it goes. The zone is down for it and so we will see what happens!

Well I love you all and have a great day!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: