Tuesday, November 30, 2010

15 Nov—Houston, TX

Well, I am very excited to say that Elder Richards and I are staying together for another transfer! YEA BABY! I am super stoked! We are going to have a crazy transfer.

It sounds like everyone in the family is doing great! I will try to write a couple of small ones to you all and we will probably write some letters after so hopefully I can get one out to all of you! Well thank you for asking me some good questions in your emails and I have some stuff to write about this time.

My companion is Elder Richards and he is from Sandy, Utah. The best thing that I have learned from him is, to be a confident missionary. Right now, I took a quiz in Preach my Gospel about the Christlike attributes, and I need to still work on my charity. We definitely push each other to be better and more obedient missionaries.

Man, we have a lot of interesting investigators. We are working with the members a lot, and they have given us some sweet referrals; the bishop even gave us his brother as a referral! Right now we have 4 families that we just started working with, and I have a feeling most of them will probably be baptized. This are the reasons why: 1) they were member referrals or part-member families, so they already have that support system; 2) we are doing a good job at teaching to the needs of the investigators, instead of just teaching lessons; and 3) almost all of them were at our ward activity. WOOHOO!

I guess we had a miracle in the zone last month. Elder Greenwood left the zone and we were at 26 dates in the zone, our goal was to have 40. Then by the end of the month, our dates went from 26 in the zone to 54! By the end of October, we were at our goal for almost all of our key indicators and it was just awesome!

Ummm, another blessing happened last night. Well, we got home from a great investigator fireside, there was about 50 people there (Missionaries and investigators) and we got home and there was tons and tons of fire trucks around our complex, and guess what?!? The apartments from the building right next to us caught on fire! Only two apartment rooms were destroyed but none-the-less the fire was about 40 to 50 feet away. It was close!!

Hmm, which of my companions would I want Kimmy to date. MY trainer Elder Roberts would be awesome! Or Elder Cole or Elder Greenwood, or Elder Richards. yup any of those guys.

The hardest rule to keep. Working out in the mornings, because I wake up and feel suuuper tired, and all I want to do is go to the pink couch we have and sit there and take a little nap. Hahahaha But I threw the pink couch on my sacrifice list, so no more pink couch in the morning for me.

My favorite principle to teach. I really like teaching agency and telling people the choices they have and then guiding them through the decisions that will make them happy in their lives, like faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, following the spirit, and keeping the commandments. Then I also like to invite people to be baptized. Because if they say yes then it's awesome! If they say no, then you can get doubts out of them. It's a win-win situation.

To answer Kelly's question, if I could only pick one fruit to eat for the rest of my life from the choice of a banana or a mango, I would pick banana, because you can make a lot of stuff from it. You can fry it, you can blend it up with milk and sugar and make banana milk, you can make banana bread, you can make a banana split, you can squish it while it's in the banana peel and make a banana bomb. It reminds me of Mario kart and dropping a banana at the last second to make my enemy lose the race! Yea bananas rock.

Well, sorry to burst everyone's bubbles. I am probably the same height. The picture I sent was me in a trailer so I am not 6'9 hahahahahah that was an awesome letter dad!!!
I love you all!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: