Tuesday, September 21, 2010

20 Sept—Houston

Hey Family,

This week was good. I am tired, and its P-day and I want to sleep, but that's a waste of time. My companion and I right now have been working out and trying to get big muscles again. He is near the end of the mission and wants to look good for when he goes home. It has been fun, we have been doing some perfect push-ups in the morning and been doing sit-ups and stuff like that. We even have a pull up bar. Yea, if I keep this up, in 10 months, I'll be in the best shape of my life.

Other than that it has just been busy. I got to confirm someone this week. That was cool. That was the first one that I had done in Spanish. I still have a lot to learn to be fluent fluent. I can talk to people, and keep a conversation going, but I would like to not have to think about what I am saying, and how to say it, if that makes any sense to you. Yea, other than that things are going well.

We had a special zone conference with President Saylin. He came and talked to us about how we can use the Book of Mormon more effectively as we teach and things like that. Something that was interesting was that he told us that if our investigators don't keep their reading commitment we should not teach the next lesson, but instead read out of the Book of Mormon with them. Well I need to get going I will see you later!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: