Monday, September 13, 2010

13 Sept—Houston

Alrighty family!

So here are the updates! This week was really awesome, and I think I am going to spend most of my time talking about Sunday night. On Sunday night, we had three of our investigators get baptized. Our baptism was held in the chapel and there was another ward that was having two people get baptized, so we combined the baptisms into one meeting. There where so many people there! More than I have ever seen in any baptism on my mission! It was awesome!

During the first talk it started to rain and thunder, and guess what happened! The power went out! Hahaa it was crazy! Then the power came back on and the baptism kept on going. Anna was baptized by Elder Greenwood, I got to baptize Jaime, and Elder Scavo got to baptize Juan.

As zone leaders every transfer we have to plan an investigator fireside and call 2 recent converts to give a talk about their conversion story; how they found the gospel, and how it has helped them. We also find a member that has been a convert for a while to share how he has been blessed throughout his life. It is a lot of work. So, we got that done and had that meeting right after the baptism. Anna spoke and talked about how it helped her and her family grow closer together and how she has been blessed. It was awesome, and then a lady that Elder Cole and I found back in Houston 1 spoke about us and how she was baptized with her family it was super awesome, and I got to take a picture with them and everything it was great.

But the thing that I wanted to share today was that Anna and Jaime and Juan changed their family life. Their parents have been less active for like 12 years, and last Sunday they came to church. After the fireside, due to the parents seeing their daughter speak, the dad came up to us and called us his angles. It was awesome, and a very humbling experience. The Gospel really does bless families and through it all mankind may be saved. I am glad to be serving as a missionary for Gods church, and I may be busy, but it is definitely worth it.

As far as everything else, sorry for being a bad letter writer. I just have no more time any more to get them out. We have like 20 mins of nothing time on mondays. I hope all of you can understand. Well I love you all.
-Elder Johnson

No comments: