Monday, May 24, 2010

24 May - Houston

Hi all!

I guess topic number one is no, we don't have to wear a suit everyday, but when I was in my bike area in Galveston we wore suits because it was a cold winter. And yes it is hot, but I think that the summers here are over rated. People here always say man it's sooo hot, you go outside and suddenly you are sweating. Blah blah blah. It hasn't been to bad.

This whole month we have been trying to use our bikes as much as we can. In our car area we get to use 1200 miles a month, and so far we are at about 600 and it's the last week. So, we have been using our bikes a lot.

Transfers are coming up and I am guessing I will be heading to a new area. Houston 1 has been awesome. I have been learning a lot about how to be a better missionary, and the language is coming along nicely also. But I know that there is more work to be done in another area, people to teach, people to help reactivate and people to help grow.

It is crazy, I feel like I have been growing a lot on my mission, and that I am understanding the importance of church and the restored gospel like I never have before. But there is soooo much more to learn. So much more to learn in the simple stuff like faith and charity and hope; you know, all the Christlike attributes. Study, study, study... Oh how I am loving to learn how to study. I have been studying about a change of heart with my mission president and it has been a good experience. I am not just going to be an active member of the church when I am older, because there is more to it to have salvation, time to take it to the next level. It's game time!
Elder Johnson

No comments: