Monday, April 5, 2010

5 April - Houston

Hey family/friends-

Well, to tell you the truth, this week was kind of the same as every other week. That is the funny thing about missionary work. At first, it is very exciting and you get to talk about all these things you do everyday and then after a while you realize, wow, I do the same thing every day, but just with different people. But hey, I am not complaining, I love it out here and I enjoy making people happy and teaching them about Jesus Christ.

I really liked conference and all the messages we got to hear from the prophet and apostles and other church leaders. Conference messages are really good. It is interesting how every year they talk about basically the same things, but just put tweaks in it. That is because the path to salvation hasn't changed and will never change. God made the Ten Commandments many, many years ago and we still need to follow them today. Times are worse now I would say, and that is why it is important to have a prophet on the earth today. We have received additional commandments such as the word of wisdom, and law of chastity from latter-day prophets to help us stay above the filth and sin of the world. I am grateful for the commandments in my life, I used to think they were restrictions, but I know that they lead us to freedom. Hold on to the Iron Rod, keep on striving for perfect obedience, and I know that we will one day see each other and live with our families together forever after this life. Well I love all of you so much.
-Elder Johnson

No comments: