Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Houston - Feb 1, 2010

Hey Everyone!

Guess what I was transferred to the city! Woohoo. It is really awesome here and the people are really nice. My area is called Houston 1 West. I have another awesome missionary companion. His name is Elder Green Wood. He is from Seattle Washington and likes to breakdance. It is fun and we get along great!

He doesn't know very much Spanish and I don't know very much Spanish. So guess what. We both have to talk and learn. I think my Spanish ability has pretty much tripled since I have been here. Haha I am really starting to get it I think. But I know it wasn't on my own. I have been studying hard everyday and we have been praying for help with Spanish to understand it and to speak it. I have very grateful for this chance I have to learn Spanish so I can communicate to these people here and share with them about something that is very important to me.

I am very grateful for the chance I have to share with people about our heavenly father. I know that he loves us and loves everybody. In the ancient times he called prophets to lead and guide his church and to share with the prophet the things we need to do to be blessed and receive happiness in our lives. I know that God was the same yesterday and is the same today and will be the same tomorrow. I know that he wouldn't just call a prophet for the people in the ancient times. and I know that he has called a prophet for us in these times and his name is Thomas S. Monson. I know that he receives revelation from God and that he shares those things with us today.

I love you all! My new address is
9619 High Meadow Dr.
Houston, TX 77063

-Elder Johnson

No comments: