Sunday, February 28, 2010

22 Feb - Houston

(Sorry this is so late)

Hey!
This week was another great week of working hard and being obedient. We had a great week. 21 sitdowns and got our 10 OYMs (Open your mouths; i.e., talking to people). Elder Greenwood is awesome and we have a good time doing missionary work.

This sunday we have a baptism! It is going to be really cool. She is a very nice lady and she has a testimony. I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel with people. It is fun to talk to everyone I see. Even when sometimes when I am in my basketball clothes after a nice game of ball on P-day; I will go and talk to people and get to know them and stuff. It is pretty awesome!

Sounds like everyone is doing great. I want to give a shout out to all my friends for their support and letters. A special Shout out goes to Pradip! it was nice to here from ya!!! keep up the good work with everything!

Umm, I am trying to think of whats going on or what is new. I like speaking Spanish, I am really starting to get a feel for it I think. The other day this nice older lady asked me where I was from and I said California and she was like oh really? So, do you have your papers? I was like yea, I was born there and she was like oh how good. haha I don't know it was funny. A lot of people think I am from South America. I don't know why. This one member keeps on asking me where I am from and stuff.

I think the funniest comment was are those teeth yours? There so pretty hahah.

Anyway I am glad to be here. I am grateful to have a living prophet here on the earth. I am grateful for the guidance we can receive from him. I am grateful that God is our loving heavenly father and he loves us so much that he called a prophet named Joseph Smith to restore his Church. I am grateful for a living prophet today named Thomas S. Monson and I am grateful for the guidance that he has given me in my life.
You are all the best!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: