Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jan 19 - Galveston

Hey family and friends!

Man this week has been going by fast and slow at the same time! Once again nothing is really too new. I loved the letters and the packages that I have gotten. So, I have to throw out a special shout out to my friends at BYU that sent the package! Thanks Heather, Winnie, Christine, Kelsey, and Austin. Y'all are the best!

This week we got a baptismal date and she is going to be baptized in 2 weeks! She is really excited and hopefully I won't get transfered on Wednesday and be able to go to her baptism! Things are really good here, I am really enjoying the bike and I don't really get that tired anymore. We even ride our bikes home from church now and its about a 13 mile ride, and on the way to talk to as many people as we can see.

Elder Christiansen is really good at Spanish so we have been speaking it a lot more with each other and that is helping my Spanish get better. It is fun to speak it with each other when we ride around because its almost like a secret language and people usually can't understand what we are saying to each other.

This week has been really good though. I really have been learning a lot but its kind of hard to explain. I can just feel it. I know that God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that he has a special plan for each and everyone one of us. That plan is the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and I am so glad that I have had the chance to teach it to the people here. God loves us so much that he has even given us the chance to talk to him whenever we need to through prayer. I love that part of the day, when I get to pray to our Heavenly Father and thank him for all the blessings that he has given me and for all the things he ahs done to help me in my life.

Y'all are the best and I have to go, and I love y'all a lot!

-Elder Johnson

No comments: