Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec 7 - Galveston

Dear Family and friends,

This week was I guess you would call it interesting. I can't really remember anything amazing that happened. My retarded companion got me to start buying basketball cards and its something fun to do on a P-day. But I opened a pack of cards and I pulled out a Jrue holiday rookie card. Yes, I did score 18 points on him in high school. I started freaking out that he is in the NBA and has a basketball card haha.

Friday was another pretty cool day, we had district meeting and we read a thing called President's Notes, which is a letter from the president to the missionaries. Sometimes in the President's Notes he puts in a quote from a missionary about their week. So far since I have been there, he has quoted 2 different missionaries, and this week he quoted a part from my letter, so I am one of 2 missionaries that he has quoted. Sorry if I sound like I'm bragging, but it was just cool.

Then, later that day, we were one exchanges with the zone leaders, so I got to go up to League City and guess what happened. Yup, it snowed. I thought I was going to get away from that stuff. Especially because I am super far south, but I was wrong. So, I got to see what zone leaders got to do sometimes, and we went to a couple of baptisimal interviews and stuff like that. So, I would say that I am happy being a missionary who gets to work a lot and does not have to spend time going to interveiws instead of working. Even though it is cool and all. I guess you could say I am content with where I am right now :)

Some of you have been wondering what I would want for chirstmas and stuff. I'll make it easy for you. A Walmart or Target gift card is a great gift because then you don't have to send out a huge package. Speaking of Christmas, on Sunday we watched the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and man that Mormon Tabernacle Choir is amazing! The other thing that was pretty cool was that it was Fast Sunday and I had the chance to go and listen to the people in the ward and branch share their testimonies. The branch impressed me because there were like 17 people who wanted to share their testimonies. It was really cool and I have never seen anything like that. The one thing that I have noticed was how much a ward is like a family. People are so nice and really help each other out. I am thankful for ward families, and the comfort and blessing it is to go to church every week! Umm, I don't really know what else to write in this letter so let me know if you want to know anything specific for the next letter!
Love y'all a lot!

-Elder Johnson

NOTE: Steve send this letter out a week late. He forgot to send it off...

No comments: