Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec 14 - Galveston

Hey family and friends!

How is it going?! It feels like it has been a loong week. We have been blessed with high winds and rain this week! I kind of like it when it rains though because the thunder is really loud and it sounds pretty cool. One of the things that is cool about Texas is the sky. There are no mountains so the sky looks huge!

This week is transfer week and my companion Elder Roberts is getting transferred. It is sad but exciting at the same time because we have become great friends but I am excited to see who my new companion is going to be and I get to have more responsibility. I think I will grow a lot this transfer and Elder Roberts said this transfer coming up is going to be one of my favorites because I will grow a lot.

Also two missionaries are going home this week! Elder Stack and Sister Campbell. They were both awesome missionaries and I know they will be blessed for the rest of their lives for their service here in Houston! I still have about 19 months till that happens haha.

We have a couple of investigators so things are not looking to dim here, and we have been trying to keep OYMing and that seems to help. I really feel like I have changed into a better person so far in my mission. I think one thing that I want to keep trying to do when I get home is to continue to read an hour a day in my scriptures. It is one of my favorite things to do and I love to learn more and more every day. I need to get going now though and I want to say thanks to everyone that has been supporting me and praying for me y'all rock!!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: