Wednesday, September 9, 2009

8 September, 2009 - MTC

Hello everyone!

The MTC has been awesome! I only have 2 weeks left crazy!!! I will be putting my address for Texas up on the blog in my letter next week! The MTC has been a great place.

I had a cold for the past week and a cough, so that isn’t any good. The past 3 nights, I have been having problems going to sleep, but then I found cough drops in my suitcase on Sunday so that was really nice!

All my classes are in total Spanish, its pretty scary, but I do understand most about what they are saying. I learn so much everyday from reading The Book of Mormon and find answers to questions I have, like where were we before this life, where are we going after we die, and what our purpose here on earth is. Also, I enjoy reading about the battles in the old days. I love The Book of Mormon and I just finished reading it last Sunday!

It is really weird because my district is now the oldest district in our zone (A district is the 10 missionaries that I have class with every day while a zone is the people that we go to church with). It is pretty cool, a new group of missionaries came on our floor and one of them is my friend Matt Dibb and he is in my ward from BYU. I forgot where he is going, but he is from Idaho.

I want to say thank you for all the letters that you all send me and sorry if I have been a little slow with responses, I am doing my best to write them, but they only give us 1 day a week, and on that day we have to: go to the temple, attend a big meeting in the middle of the day, and do laundry. So, I try to write to as many people as I can.

The food here is pretty good still, but I have been here long enough that I never get a new meal anymore. So it’s ok, but I can’t wait for the Mexican food in Texas WOOOOOO. I have a friend that I met here at the MTC that has been in my mission for 2 weeks and he really likes it and says the food is reaaaaaallllyyyy good.

My wrist is doing well and I get the wrap off in 1 week so that’s good. Well, I hope that you all have a good week and I love you all!

-Elder Johnson

p.s. BYU FOOTBALL BABY!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jennifer! Congrats on the baby! She is a cute baby! Well I hope you survive and I hope that the labor wasn’t too bad!
Jeremy- I hope you didn’t have a heart attack from the excitement when BYU won their football game.
Kelly- Thanks for the pictures, they were awesome!!!!!! Finland looks so cool, and I am jealous of the cool things there and the cool toys at the park.
Greg- You can walk on water! Dang man, you have mighty faith!
Cheryl- Thanks so much for the cookies!!!!! They were yummy and I shared.
Tyler- Man your letter made me laugh so much, I see your cousin a lot here.
Kim- Hey, thanks for the package the little comments on everything were funny!
Mom- Hey Mom, I love you. Thanks for the package!
Dad- Thanks for the letters Dad. My companion calls me J all the time and it reminds me of you!

No comments: