Tuesday, September 15, 2009

15 September, 2009

Well, this week has been a good week. I only have 1 more week here!!!! Wooooo!!!!!!!

My new adress is going to be:

Elder Steven B Johnson
Texas Houston South Mission
4627 Austin Parkway
Sugarland, TX 77479

So if you are planning on writing me a letter, make sure you send it to that address and not the MTC address.

Nothing to exciting has happened to me this week. This sunday Elder Breeze and I had the chance to bless the sacrament in Spanish, and went smoothly. We also had the chance to teach our Sunday School about the purpose of life, the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and how to repent and use the Atonement in our lives. It was one of the easiest lessons that I have ever taught because it was on a subject that is so important to me. None of us are perfect and we have all sinned in our lives, and I know that through repenting and using the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be cleansed from our sins.

Ummm hmm what else is new. Oh since i havent been allowed to play basketball because of my wrist I have taken up 4 square. I know I know, me playing 4 square? When I came to the MTC it was funny to see the type of elders that played each sport. The typical cool elders usually played basketball or volleyball or they lifted upstairs. And I am sorry that I am judgmental but the weirder/dorky elders would play 4 square. So one day I decided that I was sick of doing nothing and started playing 4 square with one hand. And then I realized it is actually a lot of fun. So sorry if I offend anyone by bashing on 4 square. But it's actually fun and now a lot of guys from my disctrict play, including Elder Breeze (he is a beast at 4 square haha)

Hmmmm. I have had fun talking to people on the phone or internet chats and helping them with their problems. You can go to www.mormon.org and talk to missionaries at the MTC and they can help answer questions you might have about our church.

Hmmm. Well. Oh, today I got my wrap off my wrist and my stiches out so I can finally take a shower without putting a bag over my hand. Woooo! My wrist movement is a little stiff, so I need to do work on bending it and it will be back to normal so that's good. The scar is about 1 inch across my wrist. But it looks like it should go away, because it is hardly noticeable right now.

I am excited for Houston! It's going to be weird teaching the gospel in Spanish. I know I am going to mess up a lot and say some embarrassing things. For instance, I have already said, Jesucristo tiene un cuerpo de carne y juevos (Jesus Christ has a body of flesh and eggs). I should of said juesos which is bones. Someone said donde va (where are you going (on my mission)) and I said a la baƱo (the bathroom) thinking that he said where were you. I dunno, I know some more embarrassing things are going to happen and I can't wait!

Hmm what else is new? I still have many hours of class and study every day. Umm, we figured out how to take lightsaber pictures, I'll send some home later. Other than that I am just really excited to get out of the MTC and into the world.

Oh, by the way GO BYU FOOTBALL! WOOOO! That's right. I know what's going on in sports even though I don't get the newspaper or watch tv. One of the blessings of being on my mission
eh?<--- Canadian slang I picked up in college, haha.

Well, I love you all and thanks for the support everyone!
-Elder Johnson

Mom- I love you. Thanks for the letters and packages!
Dad- Those pictures of the fire where crazy!!! Thanks for the cougar sports news, haha!
Kim- What up sista! I hope you're doing well in school!
Jen- How does it feel to have no baby in your belly?
Jer- You got your hands full bro, bueno suerte.
Kelly- How is Finland??
Greg- How is work in Finland and everything?
Cheryl- Your pictures didn't work here at the MTC. I don't know if it will be any different in the field
Tyler- What up bro? Thanks for the letter, I see your cousin a lot!

No comments: