Monday, March 21, 2011

21 March—Houston

Hello Friends and Family!

I really appreciated all the e-mails that you all sent me. There are too many for me to respond to, so I decided to just write a really good email this week. The big news first. I am getting transferred. Elder Scavo is training a brand new missionary, so that means I am staying in the zone but in a different area. The zone leader area is moving. I have have a feeling that I am staying in the ward, but just in the other Houston 8 area and that Elder Kump will be called to be a zone leader. It will be an interesting transfer meeting.

News #2. George wasn't ready to be baptized, but that is ok, he still wants to make a goal for a little later. So, I will be able to go and see him get baptized.

News #3. Jose and Josselyn are doing awesome! I gave Jose one of my favorite green ties, because that is his favorite color. We also gave him a white shirt, and he bought some Sunday shoes, and he looked so good at church on Sunday! Josselyn is a sweetie, and is just loving the church. She went to Relief Society, she is making a lot of friends there, and had a really spiritual experience on Sunday. Hermana Richards is going home, and they asked her to sing a song to say goodbye. She sang Yo Se que Vive mi Senor (I Know that my Redeemer Lives) and she cried during the last verse; the whole relief society was bawling, and Josselyn was crying a lot too. Man they are so awesome. I forgot my camera but I will bring it for next week. Also, Jose brought his younger sister to church on Sunday, Jasmine, and she is 14 and went to the Young Womens and made some friends! I am really happy about them, and I know they will keep on progressing. We had a lesson with them, and we talked to them about the temples and temple marriage, and then we challenged them to drive to the Houston temple and have a picnic there. They said they will do it, and mentioned I would let them use my GPS so that they won't get lost!

My birthday was great! I appreciate all the gifts and letters I got! Jose and Josselyn invited us over for a birthday lunch! They are so nice! She made some yummy fajitas and other good stuff. Then they bought a really fancy tres leches cake (a cake with 3 milks) It is really goooood. We sang happy birthday, and they gave me a couple of funny cards. They are so nice. Jose was telling me how he was trying to find a gift and how he was going to buy me a tie, and then he heard my voice saying I have sooo many ties. Then he said I was going to buy you jersey, but I realized that I didn't know you favorite team. So, then I bought you this card. They are super awesome, and so nice especially, because I have only known them for about 2 weeks.

Well, I am running out of time. Thank you for all you all do for me and I love you a lot!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: