Monday, March 14, 2011

14 March—Houston

Hey family!

Man this week was crazy! I don't even know where to begin. I guess I am just going to start with Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday, the day started off great. We had two awesome church tours, with two different investigators. The first one was with Jocelyn and Jose. They are 20 years old and super cool. We showed them around the church and explained to them what their church experience would be like on Sunday. We start in the chapel and then talk about the sacrament, and what happens during the sacrament meeting. Then we took them to the Sunday school room, and we explained to them what happens in Sunday school. Then, we showed them the relief society room, primary room, and the nursery and explained whats happens during those meetings. Then we took them to the best part of all. The baptismal font. We walked into the font an taught them baptisms right there, in the font. It is always the most powerful part of the church tour.

Then we took them outside, and we talked about how they liked the tour. Jocelyn said "I cant wait to get into that font." They are super cool.

We did the same thing with our boy George. We brought two priests quorum members with us (Two of his friends that he made at church), and we had a tour. We did the same thing, and talked abut the sacrament and baptism. He said he had a good vibe, and is excited for the baptism. Man they are so great.

Then we went to Panda Express to celebrate for lunch. And then we got a crazy phone call; it was from a member, and they said that their daughter was missing. She was outside, and suddenly disappeared. To make a long/more private story short the ward stepped it up, and we were able to find her. She is now home safe. But that took most of the day because we were helping this family. The mother and father of this family are just studs. In the morning, they knew they just needed to do all they could to serve God. So, they went and cleaned the chapel, and then they went to the bishop's store house to do service there. They fasted and prayed, and with the ward's help, they were able to get their daughter back! It was awesome! So, that was a very High and a very low for all of us all in one Saturday!

Then on Sunday, we went to church and Jose and Jocelyn were there! They had a great experience, and and really liked church a lot. I really love that family. They are so nice. Jose works at a country club, and he asked us if we wanted to go golfing with him on Monday. I said yes and we would love to. So, next Monday were golfing woohoo!

That night we had the investigator fireside, and Jose and Jocelyn came! Man it was awesome! And Presidente del Aguala was able to talk with them and they just loved it! They are so awesome. They are people that I feel complete my mission. Because of the teaching experiences with them, I can go home happy and accomplished. I just think they are the best.

So, when we got home from the fireside I was just pumped. I was so excited. We fill out the number for the zone, I lay down to go to bed and then it happened. I felt a sharp pain in my eyeball. I was like aaahhh, and then I couldn't get it out. Elder Scavo flips over my eyelid and rubs it with a q-tip and still I couldn't get the thing out. I look in the bathroom with my red eyes (when I have red eyes my eyes turn really green like the hulk) and the hulk green eyes and I see it. I had an eyelash stuck in my eyeball, right by the tear duct and I could only see part of it the other part was like in my eye if the makes any sense. So, I tried to lay down force my eye open and Elder Scavo came with the Q-tip and tried to get it out. After 30 mns of failed attempts, we called the mission nurse. She told me to try to rinse it out in the shower, and then if that didn't work to go to bed. Well, that didn't work either. So, I went to bed. Woke up, and the eyelash still was stuck in my eye. And Elder Scavo said I had a dream and I know how to get it out. We need to go to the other elders. So, we went. I got pinned down by one elder. The other held my right eye open, and then elder scavo put this eye drop in my eye which stung a lot. Then I cried. Still nothing. Eyelash still stuck in the eyeball. Then they go back to pinning me on the ground. With my eye held open, and elder scavo goes in with the q-tip pushes the eyelash so it pops up a little bit in a U shape, and then with tweezers was able to grab it and pull the eyelash out! Success! WOOOHOO no more pain in the eyeball, and man it felt so good.

Moral of the story. Use others to get annoying things out of your life. With the help of other we can be free of sin! yay!

Well that's all folks. O yea, the mission office is moving. Don't send m anything after march 25 because it will just get sent back to you. I will give you the address next week because we forgot what it was.

Love you all!
-Elder Johnson!

No comments: