Monday, February 28, 2011

28 Feb—Houston

Hey family and friends-

Things this week were pretty good. We had a new couple come to church, and they liked it a lot. I had this fever/cold thing this week, and I got to go and buy some meds. But we still went out to work. We have been having a mission-wide training every Thursday, and it has been really helpful for me to see and be reminded of the basic things that I can do to help my area and investigators. One of them being having kneeling prayers at the end of the lesson. Another one being the importance of teaching the Book of Mormon, and praying to know it's true in a very basic and simple form so that the investigators could understand and feel comfortable reading and praying on their own.

Elder Scavo and I are still putting our shoulders to the wheel and pushing on! It is very interesting to see how the gospel is the source to happiness. Everyday I am shocked on how it is just one way to fix all your problems. Granted that you will still have little scuffles here and there, but man I cant believe all the 16-17 pregnant girls that walk around my area, and all the drugs and drunk people there are in the world. I tell you one thing that if I didn't already know, I know now that those things don't make someone happy. And to all those people who say weed isn't addicting, let me be the one to tell you that it is. Man that stuff keeps so many people away from the gospel and away from happiness. I am grateful for a mission because I get to see the results of different choices that people make. I get to see which choices bring happiness and blessings.

That's it! until next week!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: