Monday, October 4, 2010

4 Oct—Houston

Family and friends,

To tell you the truth, I don't even know what to write these days. I guess I'll start with the new news. I will be getting a new companion. Elder Greenwood went home and he was a good missionary. He finished out his mission strong and work hard all the way until he stepped into the mission home this morning.

Our mission is very young now. This transfer we lost more older missionaries and will be welcoming newer missionaries. In the zone this transfer, every companionship is going to have a new companion and 5 missionaries will be training new missionaries. That is crazy, but exciting at the same time. When you train it's a make or break it time in the mission, because your good and bad habits rub off on the missionary you train. But we have some great trainers and they will do awesome.

Conference was awesome. I always enjoy all the good talks and feelings I get when I watch it. I only have one more conference to watch as a missionary! CRAZY! I liked the prophet's talk during priesthood session about choices, and how each choice we make will keep us on the straight and narrow path, or take us away from that path. It was cool, because I was studying about the gift of agency and the Holy Ghost a few weeks ago, and they talked a ton about that during conference.

Well, I need to go. I love you!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: