Wednesday, October 27, 2010

27 Oct—Houston

Hey fam!

This week has been another good week. Actually, it has been busy. The reason why I couldn't email on Monday was because we had four days of leadership training. The meetings went from 7:30am to about 6:30pm. They were Tuesday and Wednesday last week, and Monday and Tuesday this week. We had to learn a lot. All the Zone leaders were there, and all the district leaders, and all the trainers too. It was awesome, and a great experience to learn from President Saylin, and all the other missionaries.

This area is really taking off, last Friday we had eight investigators with a baptismal date, and last night we were visiting two families that we had taught for a little while and tried to give them dates, but they always said no for some reason. But we applied some of the training which we received, and were able to teach to their needs and really get to them then; and they let us know their concerns, and we got to resolve them and now they all have dates. So now we have 13 with a date for baptism, and we are all excited about it. We are teaching some cool people and a couple of good families.

The area around here is a pretty rough one, but with that comes humble people. I really like it here a lot, and I hope I get to stay longer. This weekend we should be having three little kids get baptized. They are 10, 9, and 8. They really like church a lot. And their parents are willing to let their kids be baptized. We are still working with the parents, but with time they should be able to one day make the decision. It is really cool, their daughter prays that her daddy will one day want to be baptized, and I know that must really touch his heart when he hears that.

Well I am really enjoying the mission. I guess the new news about the zone is that we ended the week with 52 with a baptismal date, and that was really awesome! I think it was the most that the zone has ever had with a date! Elder Richards and I were super pumped up, and really excited for the missionaries in the zone!

Well, I really love you all a lot, and I hope you have a great day!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: