Monday, October 5, 2009

5 October - Galveston

Hey Dad how are you doing? Wasn't conference amazing????? I really liked that talk in the priesthood session about how to grow a better relationship with your father. I thought that was very good. I think we have a pretty good relationship. :)

Well anyway, here is what has been going on this week in Galveston.

Well, this week was a great adventure here in Galveston. I will first talk about Walmart. So, last Monday we went to Walmart to go shopping for food with some of the other Elders from Texas City. While we were walking through the store, a lady came up to us and was like HEY I KNOW YOU. Let's just say she was a little crazy. She was like do you remember me? And none of us knew her. She started talking to Elder Moline, and she looked at his tie and said ooooo you have pretty colors on your tie, I like It! And she looked at Elder Stack and said you have a nice tie too, and she look at me and said you have a nice tie too, and then she looked at my companion and said yours... it's ok. And then she said but you have a chin! And grabbed my companion (Elder Roberts) chin and shook it back and forth. It was sooo funny. Then she found out he was a twin and he was the baby in his family. So, she suddenly grabbed Elder Roberts in a biiiiig hug and Elder Roberts says Oh my Gosh serveral times, and she is patting his back and is going lower and lower and lower unitl you here Elder Roberts go "OH MY GOSH"! it was funny. He pushes her off and gives her a card and says, alright, call this number if you need us, have a good day. And we go around the corner and ask what the problem was and he said SHE SPANKED ME MAN! And we all started laughing so hard hahahah. So, that was a funny thing at Walmart.

So, this week we did the usual, rode our bikes around town, and taught people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It was pretty cool and we are teaching a lot of cool people. On wednesday, we had interveiws with the Mission President, President Saylin, and that was really good, and I had a good time talking with him about the mission. He said I had a really good week last week with the 2 baptisms and all the lessons we taught and to keep working hard. My hand is doing better and all my 30 mosquito bites are gone so that's all good.

Umm, we taught a guy and he started just being mean and telling us how my religion was wrong and that I didn't have the Holy Ghost because when I was baptized I didn't come out speaking another language. I was confused but it's ok, I still like the guy.

Also on Wednesday, we went on mission exchanges. It was cool, I stayed in Galveston and Elder Roberts went to Texas City. So, I was very nervous because I had to show Elder Moline around and take him to all our appointments. We made it to all the appointments so that was very good, and I am very glad that Elder Moline can speak Spanish because we taught a Spanish family, and they talk so fast and I have a very hard time understanding them. I just bore my testimony and said a little bit here and there. We brought a member from the Spanish branch with us and he really helped a lot with answering questions and bearing testimony.

Saturday was a cool day. It was Gerneral Conference!!! We had the oppertunity to listen to the Prophet and Apostles talk for 6 hours. And I listened and took notes on all of the talks. It was realllly good. I never knew how good conference was until my mission. haha

Sunday was awesome. We had a very busy sunday. we showed up at the church and listened to more General Conference for 2 hours. Then at 1pm, we set up tables because we had a big potluck with the Spanish branch and got to eat a bunch of yummy mexican food. I love mexican food!!! Then after that, we had.......another baptism! Yay! We baptized a lady named Katherine and she was baptized in 16 days after we met her, pretty neat! I had the opportunity to give a talk on the Holy Ghost and after the Baptism the Bishop's wife came up to me and asked me if that was the first talk at a baptism I had ever given and I said yes and she said it was very good! You're going to be a great missionary! That really made me feel good because sometimes I get discouraged because being a missionary is a lot of hard work! We also talked to a family and committed them to stop smoking.

But I have to go and get some groceries! Bye!!!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: