Tuesday, June 14, 2011

14 June—Rosenberg

Hey Family!

This week I am pleased to announce that I will be staying in Rosenberg with Elder Garrido for the next six weeks. The cool/crazy/exciting/intense thing is that the sisters' missionary area for the branch was closed down this transfer; so we have doubled the size of our area, moved to a new apartment in Richmond,(sorry I don't know the address yet), and now we get to work with all the members in the branch! We are very excited about this, because we can really focus on getting member referrals and building up our relationships with them.

We also had our investigator fireside this last Sunday, and it went really well. I think it was the first time that the Houston West Zone was able to get every companionship to come to the fireside. We had a total of ten people there and it was just a very spiritual meeting. It was super cool.

As far as transfers go, only two missionaries from the zone were transferred, and we are excited because we will be able to grow more in unity and see good things happen in the areas. But it is the calm before the storm, because there is a huge group coming and a huge group leaving next month, so many missionaries are going to train and that means many people will be getting transferred.

I forgot my camera again, but I hope to bring it next week so I can show you the picture of Richard getting baptized. And what my companion Elder Garrido looks like.

Good news for the week is that we had our dear friend Abel come to church! He is a less-active member who is missing both of his legs. He came to church, and it was the first time that he has been in about three months, so we are very excited about it. It is great to see the branch go serve and help him.

I guess this one goes to the friends, just to let you know I have really wanted to stay completely focused on the work the last few weeks of my mission so that is why I haven't responded to a lot of the letters. We will catch up soon! I hope you understand.

I am not really sure what to say to you this week besides the fact that everything in my life is going great, and I am still loving to study the scriptures. I hope everything goes well, and just so you know we email now on Tuesdays instead of Mondays.

I love you!
-Elder Johnson

No comments: