Monday, April 11, 2011

11 April—Brazos

Family and friends,

Things here is Brazos are going well. It has been a busy week, and man, things have been busy. I think it's good though, because it keeps me focused on a good cause, and I will be able to continue to progress at the end of my mission; instead of slowing down. So, I am grateful for it.

We had a lady named Sylvia come to church this week! Second week in a row for investigators at church! Woohoo! Richard couldn't come, because his son was sick. We continue to get out on the bikes, and work hard to find those people that have open hearts, and are willing to read, pray and come to church to see what it is like.

I am going to load some pictures, because that what you all like anyway. George Munoz from my last area was baptized on Saturday, and I got to go to see it! It was great! He's the man!

Well, I don't really know what to say for the rest of the week. It is fun to be a missionary; it is fun to preach the gospel. Real fun comes through living the gospel. Why? Because every choice we make has a consequence, a good or a bad one, and their is never a bad consequence when you choose to live the gospel. You're never going to have a hang over, you're never going to accidentally have a baby, you're never going to be thrown in jail for breaking a law. Yea those are bad things, but they happen. You're usually going to be doing some kind of service for someone, which really brings happiness. You're going to feel good inside. And when you keep the commandments, God helps you out. This is just my opinion, but I feel like if you put God first in your life, he will put you first in his. Well, I know he loves all his children, but I think that saying is at least partly true. Anyway, now I'm just ranting. Have a good day. Bye!

-Elder Johnson

Random picture of me and Sarah from Galveston, my first area

Jose, Josselyn and family

Elder Bunch and Me

Brazos fields

George's baptism

No comments: