Monday, November 2, 2009

November 2 - Galveston

Hey family/ friends how is everything?

This week was pretty wild. So, as you know last weekend I broke my bike, and it turns out that it really wasn't as broken as I thought! it just needed a screw and that was it! Woohoo. The derailer was hanging funny so we thought I broke it. But I did get a tune up because the brakes were bad and the bike was all squeaky but now it runs as smooth as butter.

So I was on this little blue rental bike that had no shocks and the seat couldnt be raised without usuing a wrench and it had tiny skinny tires and the bike was so old that I hand to push this lever up to go into the different gears so I could petal normal and didn't have to peddle really fast to go a normal speed. So that was not very fun and we had that bike for 3 days and I went at least 300 blocks on that dumb little bike. But hey, it was a blessing because I didn't have to walk.
Then this weekend it was biker weekend and apparently 100,000 bikers came to Galveston, and guess where we went over the weekend... that's right, we got shipped off the island and stayed with the other Elders in our district in Texas City! Woohoo. It was fun, we went on splits with them and I got to knock on Johnson Street with Elder Stack. No one on Johnson street listened to us and I got a lot of doors slammed in my face, but other than that it was cool to be Elder Johnson knocking on Johnson street :).
Saturday was Halloween and we went to the Hons house because we either had to be at a member's home or our home at 6:00pm. So, we went to the Hons and they fed us some grilled cheese sandwhiches and soup and it was delicious. They also made us Butterfinger milkshakes and those were great! We brought settlers of Catan and played a few games. I won 2 of them Elder Roberts won one and Elder Stack won one. It was fun.

Today was transfers, and everyone in my district is staying except for Sister Hammar. She is going into her 3rd transfer and is training someone! crazy so that is exciting because most of our district gets to stay. Next transfer two of the missionaries in my district and going home! crazy. and Elder Stack is going to go down to Sister Jackson's Homecoming and he is going to meet Mom and Dad! woaaaaa werid!! My comapnion got a 1 transfer extension and that is cool so he doesn't go home until March.

Well, I hope everything is going well! I love you all!
-Elder Steven Johnson

p.s Steve asked me to remind his friends that he is not supposed to email friends, just his family, thanks!

No comments: